Cinnamon Pecan Matzo Granola
- 1 11 oz package whole wheat matzo crackers, crushed (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spread on the baking sheets, bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss, break up into clusters, and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until browned and mostly dry. Don't worry if it's not completely crispy all the way through - the clusters will continue to dry out as they cool. If your granola cools completely and is still not all the way crispy, just return it to a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes, turn off the heat, and allow the granola to cool in the oven with the door cracked open (keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn after a while!).