This week, my pick was cauliflower! I knew I would roast it, since that's my favorite way to eat cauliflower, and the rest just sort of fell in place in my mind. So there you have it - one super easy, super flavorful (vegan and gluten free!) side dish that requires little more than a roasting pan and the acceptance of turmeric-stained fingers.
Curry Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas
Makes 4 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- chopped dry roasted peanuts, fresh limes, and cilantro for garnish
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Toss the cauliflower florets, chickpeas, spices, and olive oil together in a large bowl.
- Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and browned, and the chickpeas have firmed up a little.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, a squeeze of lime, and cilantro.