If you need an awesome dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan pumpkin dessert that tastes like heaven...you need to make this pudding. And if you want to make it into a pumpkin pie, just add another tablespoon of cornstarch and pour it into a pre-baked pie crust before letting it set in the fridge.
Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a pot, whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, cornstarch, and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly whisk in the almond milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until very thick, whisking constantly.
- Divide into four ramekins or small bowls, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.