This soup is perfectly filling and flavorful, yet light and fresh at the same time. You can leave the soup chunky was a veggie and broth soup or puree it for a gorgeous green soup.
Green Veggie Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets (about 4 cups florets)
1 bunch (about 1/2 lb.) kale, roughly chopped
5-6 cups vegetable broth
1 6 oz bag baby spinach
1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes, until the onion is soft.
3. Add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the broccoli, kale, and vegetable broth. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
5. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
6. Stir in the spinach, herbs, and beans until the spinach is wilted.
7. Remove from heat and either serve or blend to make a pureed soup, then season to taste with salt and pepper.