These are possibly the best muffins I have ever made. They are moist, fluffy, sweet, everything I could ask for. Even my dog, Dolce approves (he managed to jump on the table and steal a few!).
This is his "I'm innocent, I swear!" look...It's not working.
1 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons hot water
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large carrot, finely grated
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper muffin cups.
2. Combine the flaxseed meal and hot water in a medium bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl.
4. Add the wet ingredients (almond milk through carrot) to the bowl with the flax and wisk to combine.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.