Here are two make-ahead recipes that you can easily separate into individual servings to get ahead on packing for the week.
1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed
2 tablespoons tahini
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
water or lemon juice, as needed
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until creamy. Add extra lemon juice or water until the hummus reaches the consistency you want.
1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
3/4 cup warm water
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sucanat
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 cup puffed brown rice cereal
2 tablespoons almond butter
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Mix the flaxzeed meal and warm water together in a medium bowl and set aside to thicken while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Mix together the oats, flours, cinnamon, sucanat, raisins, almonds, and cereal in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the almond butter, applesauce, and honey into the flax mixture.
5. Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
6. Spread the batter into an 8x8 square pan lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes, or until browned and firm.
You can wrap these individually in plastic wrap to save for snacks during the week.