I have always loved Asian flavors and I love these fun Aisan noodles that are packed with whole grains, protein, and veggies! Perfect for a filling lunch or dinner. Who doesn't love
Asian Noodles with Tofu and Chard
8 oz whole grain spaghetti (I used brown rice pasta, which is gluten free)
1 14 oz package extra firm tofu
2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for tofu
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
red pepper flakes, to taste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 bunch rainbow swiss chard, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees F, line a baking sheet with a silicon baking mat.
2. Cube the tofu and spread out on the baking sheet. Drizzle with soy sauce, then season with pepper.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the tofu is golden brown and crispy.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions in a large pot.
5. In the same pot, heat the sesame oil over medium heat and saute the red onion for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
6. Add in the chard and cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the chard is wilted.
7. Add in the soy sauce, vinegar, agave, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the roasted tofu.
8. Serve topped with extra sesame seeds.
Man, I want some of this right now...I know what's for dinner tomorrow! ;)