Easy Veggie Chili
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 28 oz can hominy, drained and rinsed
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, to taste--these are super spicy!
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup vegetable broth
garnishes: greek yogurt and chopped red onion
1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for anywhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours--the longer the better!
2. Taste and adjust seasonings.
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2 cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat)
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients (eggs through corn).
3. In another large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour through salt).
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.