So in honor of all the beautiful colors, I made a
Super Simple Veggie-Pesto Soup:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion or 3 shallots, diced
2 cloved garlic, minced
2 medium carrots, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cups broccoli florets
1 cup frozen peas
1 16 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3-4 cups vegetable broth (depending on how thin you like your soup)
2 tablespoons lemony pesto
salt and pepper
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat
2. Add in the onion or shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
3. Add the garlic, carrots, and pepper, and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until the carrots are just barely tender. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Add in the broccoli, peas, beans, and vegetable broth.
5. Turn the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the broccoli is tender.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the pesto and season to taste with salt and pepper.